Just so there's no doubt about who is speaking, the author of this site is Rich Perelman.
I am a 51-year-old life-long resident of Los Angeles and am the owner of Perelman, Pioneer & Company, headquartered in the Wilshire Center District of the city. Our firm specialized in event management and publishing, including two Web sites.
>> In the event management area, I was privileged to be a Vice President of the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee, responsible for the preparations of Press Operations for the 1984 Olympic Games. Since then, our team has worked on dozens of diverse events, including, but not limited to:
- Centennial Celebration of the Statue of Liberty (New York, 1986);
- National Columbus Quincentennial Celebration (New York, 1992);
- Olympic Games in Barcelona (1992), Atlanta (1996) and Winter Games in Calgary (1988) and Salt Lake City (2002);
- Major multi-sport competitions including the Goodwill Games (Seattle, 1990), Pan American Games (Indianapolis, 1987) and World University Games (Buffalo, 1993).
- Major single-sport competitions including the XV FIFA World Cup (1994), the III FIFA Women's World Cup (1999), the World Baseball Classic (2006), the 1993 NFL Super Bowl, USA Track & Field Senior and Junior National Championships (2005) and many others.
- The wild and wooly Reform Party National Convention held in Long Beach, California in 2000.
- Los Angeles' Olympic bids for the 2012 and 2016 designations as the United States Applicant City.
>> On the publishing side, we are involved in sports and cigars:
- Our CigarCyclopedia.com site is one of the largest information-only sites on cigars in the world, with 1.6 million visits and 5.0 million page views in 2007 alone. We were the first site to post daily coverage of the world of cigars, beginning in 2004 and still continuing.
- Our Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars is in its 14th annual edition in 2008 with more than 175,000 sold to date. Our Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Havana Cigars is now in its third edition.
- Our sports commentary site, TheSportsExaminer.com, offers commentary, intelligence and observations twice weekly, both on-line and by electronic mail to our opt-in subscriber list of nearly 40,000 nationwide.
- I write a thrice-weekly column about Olympic sports called "Inside the Rings" at UniversalSports.com (click Olympics, then click "Columns" at the right side of the page).
I live in Los Angeles and graduated from UCLA as a member of the Honors program in 1978, then from Loyola Law School in 1981. I have been a member of the California State Bar since 1981.
Now you know.